Tuesday, March 8, 2016

February in Review!

You ever have those times when your busy, but you don't even know why you're busy? You just don't have time to do many of the things you want to do? That was February for me. I was able to read (a lot of novellas, mostly), but I didn't have time to write blog posts, especially Stacking the Shelves. So, I'm doing an entire monthly recap of what I've read and whatnot in the month of February!

Books I've Read

Novellas



2.5 Stars

3 Stars



3.5 Stars


4 Stars


5 Stars

AVERAGE RATING: 3.61 (NOT INCLUDING NOVELLAS)
TOTAL BOOKS READ THIS MONTH: 30 (INCLUDING NOVELLAS)
TOTAL THIS YEAR: 61 (INCLUDING NOVELLAS)

From the Library





Books Won
I won this from Simon&Schuster and I'm so happy! I'm been lusting over the new covers and after reading the Shadowhunter academy books, seeing the City of Bones movie, and watching the new TV show, a reread of the series is in order.


I won this from the book tour! THIS BOOK SOUNDS AMAZING!


I won this on YA Books Central months ago and finally got it! Yay!

Books Bought
Barnes & Noble


Book Sale

These were less than $2 :)

Watermark Books

Jessica Day George came to my local bookstore, so I of course bought some of her books!

Used Book Store

Book Outlet
I admit that I went on the site to get the Jessica Day George books, but...


Other

I preordered Starflight special and got it signed with a bookmark, poster, and nail things!


Ebooks
Bought


Freebies

Trade


LIFE
Movies:
With my friends, I saw Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and Zoolander 2. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies was pretty good, Zoolander 2 was meh. At home I finally saw City of Bones, which was much better than I expected! I was afraid to watch it for so long because I thought it wouldn't be anywhere close to the book, but it was still good! I also saw Goosebumps with the family. I loved those books as a kid, so I was curious about the new movie. I also saw Inside Out with my mom and I thought it was cute and it gave me the feels. 
TV:
Not much here. I wanted to watch The 100, but the CW doesn't work at my apartment for some reason. I also have a bunch of other shows I need to catch up on, but I have no way of watching them yet. I did start watching Shadowhunters and it seems promising so far. And my roommate and friends have us watching Boy Meets World, we're already almost done.
Music:
There weren't any defining artists, albums, or songs last month. I found a few new songs I liked, but none that are really amazing.

CHALLENGES
Since I don't review everything I read and most challenges require you to review the books in order to count, this list is tentative. I haven't reviewed all of these books yet and I don't know if I am. But here's what I've read so far!
That Artsy Reader Girl

Read&Reviewed




Read


I've read quite a few from by TBR pile, AKA the mass of books I own but haven't read yet, but I decided for this challenge to only count books I bought last year or earlier. Doesn't matter if I've been wanting to read it for awhile, some of those books have been there awhile.






Read&Reviewed


Read

Yeah, I really need to review some of these!


Read

So, how was your February?

1 comment :

  1. I'm jealous; even when your busy you still manage to read a lot more than me. How do you do it? I don't know if you have heard of her, but I have loved listening to Melanie Martinez. She has all/most of the songs on her new album on YouTube. So, if you get the chance you should defiantly check out some of her songs. :)

    ReplyDelete