Thursday, August 6, 2015

Cover vs Cover: A Book of Spirits and Thieves by Morgan Rhodes

This week's pick is...

A Book of Spirits and Thieves (Spirits and Thieves, #1) VS.  A Book of Spirits and Thieves (Spirits and Thieves, #1)
Original                  Redesign
The first one isn't bad, but it looks a bit awkward (in how the girl is posed) and I didn't even know it was a fantasy-ish book! You can't really tell. I appropriate the use of the bookshop, though. Still, I think Penguin had a good idea with changing the cover. It still fits the book, but now it's obviously a fantasy.
   Final Verdict: Redesign
Do you agree? Give me your thoughts on which cover is the best!

1 comment :

  1. Oh I totally agree with what you're saying. I always thought the first cover was a bit off. And then I suddenly saw the new cover and it was amazing! I guess sometimes redesign's to get it right :)

    ReplyDelete