Friday, October 31, 2014

Cover Lust: Illusive by Emily Lloyd-Jones


Cover Lust is something that I do every week where I feature a book cover that I absolutely love!



Illusive (Illusive, #1)
The X-Men meets Ocean's Eleven in this edge-of-your-seat sci-fi adventure about a band of "super" criminals.

When the MK virus swept across the planet, a vaccine was created to stop the epidemic, but it came with some unexpected side effects. A small percentage of the population developed superhero-like powers. Seventeen-year-old Ciere Giba has the handy ability to change her appearance at will. She's what's known as an illusionist...She's also a thief.

After a robbery goes awry, Ciere must team up with a group of fellow super-powered criminals on another job that most would consider too reckless. The formula for the vaccine that gave them their abilities was supposedly destroyed years ago. But what if it wasn't?


The lines between good and bad, us and them, and freedom and entrapment are blurred as Ciere and the rest of her crew become embroiled in a deadly race against the government that could cost them their lives.


Goodreads / Amazon / Barnes & Noble






 Why did I pick this cover? 
I'm a sucker for text-based cover and this one is no different! I really like how the text is sitting on the ground and the overall super hero/ comic book vibe I'm getting from the cover! I also like the additions of the search copter and the girl as they both tie-in with the book.

What are your thoughts? Tell me in the comments!

No comments :

Post a Comment