Sunday, October 13, 2013

REVIEW: The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater

The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2)
If you could steal things from dreams, what would you take?

Ronan Lynch has secrets. Some he keeps from others. Some he keeps from himself.

One secret: Ronan can bring things out of his dreams.

And sometimes he's not the only one who wants those things.

Ronan is one of the raven boys—a group of friends, practically brothers, searching for a dead king named Glendower, who they think is hidden somewhere in the hills by their elite private school, Aglionby Academy. The path to Glendower has long lived as an undercurrent beneath town. But now, like Ronan's secrets, it is beginning to rise to the surface—changing everything in its wake.


Of The Raven Boys, Entertainment Weekly wrote, "Maggie Stiefvater's can't-put-it-down paranormal adventure will leave you clamoring for book two." Now the second book is here, with the same wild imagination, dark romance, and heart-stopping twists that only Maggie Stiefvater can conjure.









When I read The Raven Boys last year, I was confused.
I liked it, but I found it to be confusing,

This book was also confusing but I feel like everything was explained a bit more and kind of fit together. There's also the fact that the first book had so much going on, while this book mainly focused on Ronan's dreams.
Yes, the whole "I can take stuff from dreams" thing.
I actually found this to be a complete surprise!
I know, the title and the apparent cliffhanger made this obvious, but it's been awhile! (I actually had to read this in order to refresh my memory)
But you know what? I LOVED being surprised! And I, of course, loved the idea!

Another thing that I liked was that there wasn't really any romance. I'm the odd one out in that I'm not a huge fan of romance, and there are times that I'm fine with romance, but there are so many YA books where the romance takes up all of the focus in the book while the plot takes the backseat. This was not the case with this book.

I also loved the characters and being able to see their different stories and point of views (yes, this is a multiple perspective book).

All in all, I really liked this book. In fact, the only major problem that I had was that I was a bit confused (but I get confused easily).
I am definitely looking forward to seeing what will happen next!



I hereby give this book:
4 Wheels!
Meaning: I really liked it!



No comments :

Post a Comment